Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Resolutions...

I've never been a resolution maker but I've put some thought into this it year. I think that instead of dubbing them resolutions I will instead call them what they are.Goals.
Resolutions sounds rigid; like if I make one little slip I'll fall right over the edge. Goal has a much more positive ring in my head. Like even if I misstep I can get right back on the path and carry on with it.
So here are some of my goals for 2014:
Family... the most important thing there is. Pretty much going to keep doing what I'm doing with this one. They always have been and always will be my first priority.
Health, both financial health and physical health.
We are building and sticking to a budget. Seems like an easy and obvious one but in the past Jake has tried or I have tried... this time we're in it together and will succeed because of it.
I finally found something I love in fitness and I plan to keep going 3-5 times a week. It would be great to ditch the sweet tooth, too so I'll be trying to minimize refined sugars and other processed junk.
Organize life and home. Baby steps here : ) I am going to implement more of a routine. I've always been a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kinda girl and don't expect to change that entirely.... just get a grip on my time management. I'm convinced I'll actually find myself with more free time when my days, weeks, meals and house are more orderly. Baby steps!
The years keep rushing by and I am planning on getting the most out them for myself and family.
Plan is an even better word. More powerful and definitive than goal. Suck it, Resolution.
I saw this quote and it really stuck with me.
"Failing to plan is planning to fail." I'm going to go find my new day planner and get started!
Happy New Year! CHEERS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck. way to stick to your workouts. I believe daddio