Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The one I didn't want to write

 I can hardly think of this blog as my journal while continuing to the avoid one of the most prevelant issues that has been going in my life. My mom was recently diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer. Just getting the diagnosis seeemed impossible. We knew something was very wrong but it was just appointment after appointment of more tests, images, samples, blah, blah,blah. That part was really hard.... the waiting. She has been in a lot of pain but it is being controlled with morphine. After the diagnosis things started moving much faster. Yesterday she had a port placed and today she received she first session of chemotherapy. Cancer is terrifying but my mom is facing it head on. I am so impressed with her positive attitude and bravery. I am looking forward to the day that she is just another inspiring survivor story and until then I am hoping to have a fraction of the courage that she does. I love this beautiful woman <3

Also... ever wonder where Hazel got those beautiful blues?.... mystery solved : )

2 comments:

Juliann said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Tara. That makes my heart ache for you and your family. I hope she can pull through and I hope you guys can be strong through it. I love that picture of you and your Mother. It's beuatiful. Let me know if I can help. I can always watch your girls if you need to help your mom while getting treatments. My number is 830-8457.

wenbin wang said...

buying outfits that you like in threeHogan Scarpe progressive sizes will get you through the first year with a littleFranklin Marshall Store more ease and less stress at this crucial time in the baby's D&G sunglasseslife as they need a lot of attention.