Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sister Loves

Our first week home with Hazel has been a surprisingly smooth transition for everyone. Hazel is a little angel and Charlotte has taken to the big sister role amazingly! She looooves holding her little sister and gets right up in her face to say "hi" or "hello" in a sweet little tiny voice that she must think is the only way to talk to a baby :)
This is a little sleep positioner that Hazel sleeps in in our bed. The idea is that it's plastic frame makes co-sleeping safer because it gives Baby her own little space within yours... Charlotte just can't get close enough! Cute but contradictory! Charlotte sleeps part of the night in our bed also so the arrangement is Charly (by the wall), Daddy, Hazel (in her SnuggleNest) and then Mommy. Good thing we have a king sized bed!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of the girls! Hazel is 4 days old. I was laying the girls down for a nap and let them snuggle because I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep. As I was getting up to rearrange them I noticed this sweet moment. They're holding hands!


I thought that bringing a new baby into our home was going to be an earth-shattering, life-altering, potentially challenging situation for Charlotte but she has shown me otherwise from the moment she laid eyes on her baby sister. It was like she was just waiting for her all along and has this sort of "oh good, you're finally here" attitude about it all. I am so proud of you Charlotte! We all just adore our sweet little addition and are so happy that she is finally here :)
I have been taking a TON of pictures with our new camera (the old one decicided to die the day before I went into labor!) but am having trouble getting them onto my computer. Once I sort it out there will be cuteness overload! These pics are all from my cell phone.


1 comment:

Kaylene said...

That second picture is killer, oh so precious.