Thursday, May 14, 2009

Good Day Sunshine

Our little Charlotte is such a morning girl! She wakes up super happy and wants to talk and wiggle and play. It is the best way to start the day out and can make it really hard to ever want to get out of bed! This morning she talked, rolled, kicked, wiggled, cuddled, read and smiled until she was hungry and tired. While I was feeding her she was studying and grabbing at my face. It was so amazing to watch her learn! She was telling her hand what to do and seemed very pleased that it was cooperating. Every once in awhile her little baby nail would scratch my nose or lip or pull my hair but I just smiled and let her take it all in.... she smiled back with a fist full of my face. : ) She eventually fell to sleep with her clammy little hand rested on my cheek. These are the kind of moments that I want to remember every little detail of. It seems like she is learning something new everyday and I feel so blessed to witness it!

This is a quilt that I made for Jake a couple of Christmases ago. It is a new favorite of Charlottes. She is fascinated by the colors and even tolerates tummy time on this bad boy : )

3 comments:

hilla said...

Seriously- I have had so many moments of everyday perfection that I hope I never forget even the tiniest little detail of! So sweet to be there for every step of the way.

Anonymous said...

Our little girl doesn't seem so little anymore. What a cutie. The sacrifices you make so Charlotte is happy Mama Bird are unbelievable.

Ximena said...

love the quilt. Love you. Document every moment as much as you can. Hilla can give you some advice on that. She keeps a journal like a good girl. I want to be her. :) I will be her with the next one. (Crossing my fingers) You are a wonderful mama. Charly is SO lucky to have you both as parents. It must be a McCall thng. :)